Historic Bridge to Nowhere

The town of Brazoria began in 1828 as a port and trading center in Stephen F. Austins colony. Partially burned in 1836 during the Texas Revolution, it rebuilt and served as county seat until 1897. To escape floods and to enjoy a better life.

This lattice-framed bridge is still in service today, connecting Brazoria to the rest of the world. A new bridge for vehicle traffic is being built, but the 1839 national landmark will remain and be refurbished as a walking and biking trail. On Hwy 521 and SH 332 over the Brazos River in Brazoria, Texas